Friday, August 21, 2009

Finally Photos

It's taken me way longer to getting to posting these than I planned....but I have a good excuse....I was so very busy sewing and quilting my first quilt!!! Get ready for a long post...but it's loaded with great stuff!!

So first the fabrics for Mr.Favorite-Color-Black's quilt.....here they are....



I wish I had thought to take the picture before I started cutting...but I was so excited about them....aren't they awesome??

After laying all the fabrics out...it came to me exactly what they were begging to be....and what would fit Mr.Fav-Color-Black's personality....they were screaming to become Wonky Log Cabin Blocks....thanks Jacquie for the inspiration and tutorial....and boy oh boy were they right....





I love them....I sure hope he does too...he'd better....anyhoo...I'm thinking about throwing in either a little yellow or green...for a lil pop of color in maybe two or three blocks....we shall see...I truly can not wait to finish this quilt!!

and I promised pictures of finished quilt 2....and here it is....

...so it turned out pretty darn good....I almost wish I hadn't promised this to my mom....she's gonna love it....my plan is to quilt and bind it this week...so that I can have her Orange Pride quilt to her to cuddle on the couch with when she watches the Oklahoma State Football season opener...Go Pokes!!....haven't picked out the backing yet...that's what I have planned for tomorrow along with some crafting with LilFriend....

And now...the debut of my quilting skills....I'm not really sure it's actual skills yet...but I did try my hand at quilting my first quilt on my machine....I picked what I thought would be simple for my first try and something that would work with the lines of the quilt...so I went with wavy lines since the quilt has so many straight lines....what do ya'll think??? did i go too simple??

I'm just excited that I tried the quilting....and that it wasn't a major catastrophe.....but what I'm really in love with is the back...which is really just a happy accident....I had originally planned to do all green backing...but cut the fabric incorrectly and had to come up with a solution fast...so this is what I came up with....


so all this fabulous quilt needs is binding....so as you can see it was a busy week....and it's going to be a busy busy weekend too....

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jessica,
    Your quilts are gorgeous and you sure can't tell that you are just starting. Best of luck doing the shows. I did Canton, Texas for about 3 1/2 years. Loved it.
    Keep Stitchen'
    Bonnie

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments...