Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Cock-a-Doodle Done...well almost

I don't just quilt...although my fabric addiction is a serious thing....
I was an art major for a couple years in college
(before I decided that it made more financial sense to study management...*sigh*...if I'd known then what I know now...but as they say hindsight is 20/20)
I used to draw all the time and paint fairly regularly....but it's been rare in the last few years...
I recently finished a piece that had been a work in progress for almost 4 years (don't ask...it's a very long story)....but it was intended as a gift...so I just decided it was time to finish it...
finishing that project got me back in what I'll term super creative mode....got me to finally take that quilting class and to get my paints back out...
and in a round about way lead to LilFriend and I deciding to start our business....
so we started working on some projects for our etsy shop....and LilFriend's Grandma saw our projects and discovered that I can paint...and asked super nicely if it might be possible to get a rooster painting for her newly revamped kitchen...





so here is the almost finished product...I'm not totally happy with the background yet...but I think the barnyard alarm himself looks pretty darn handsome....
what do you think?
is he new kitchen worthy??

No comments:

Post a Comment

I adore comments...