Tuesday, September 1, 2009

It's a trip

I realize I promised this post last night, but Lil'Friend and I went to dinner last night, and by the time I got home I was just exhausted. And as I had a lot planned for this post...it simply had to wait till I was all rested up to do it justice.

As I mentioned in a previous post, I had to travel home to Oklahoma for a few days...my grandma wasn't feeling well....AmazingAunt was visiting....and I was already off work for a few days...so I packed up Ry and myself and headed out...

He's the most adorable traveling companion!!

I decided while home to make Grandma an all natural heating bag...but I didn't take any fabric with me....and as the big fabric store in town had closed a few years ago i had to get out the phone book....and saw the nearest fabric store listed happens to be a quilt shop about 20 minutes drive...so why not....thought i'd at least get the 1/2 yd needed for this project...
I had no idea what an AMAZING find this would turn out to be....Prairie Quilt located in Hennessey, OK....on main street in a two story store front building like you see in every Oklahoma town.
we walked in and I couldn't believe it....this adorable shop has 4 rooms filled with fabric and samples on the walls and fat quarters in flower pots and kits everywhere....reproductions, holidays, and flannels have their own rooms....and as if that isn't enough...the second floor is all classroom and more samples....they also had a great selection of Aurifil....

had a great trip home....especially seeing AmazingAunt and getting to cook with her....always good times and great food....and I'm already contemplating a quilt that will need a nice home in California...
and always good to see my mom who is always fantastic fun...and who was the big winner at bingo on Saturday...and surprised me with a lil of her winnings to purchase me...
can you believe it??? I can't wait for it to arrive!!!

so Ry and I packed up and headed home....and got stuck in traffic...look at him pouting...he was ready to get home and sleep after all the playing with the little dogs...




2 comments:

  1. This is a great place. I drove 80 miles every 2nd Saturday just to do their BOM. They have the latest and greatest fabric. I live in Norman and find that Prairie Quilt has as much or more than OkQuiltworks in OKC. Hope you had a good time in OK....

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute name you have for your blog!! I love it. Thanks for stopping by my blog and entering my giveaway.

    ReplyDelete

I adore comments...